14 July 2010

be(d)side


so that when I say it’s in me like bluest ice
it’s that I lean back at night and its chill spiders through my brain
in capillary-like, axon-and-dendrite-like, ink-on-paper-like fashion
wrapping and seeping, coiling and bleeding
staining me and defining my boundaries
which are in so many dimensions--
imaginary, far, now, real, here, then
tossed into all realities
like splintered hairs
scattered, free, not connected to one another--
at once that I am enormous, eternal
hurting with yearning, stuffed
into a moment, restrained, confined
so that when the blue melts out through my eyes
and my esophagus strangles a slashing red volume
please know that it is nothing but the pain of being,
like compressed air,
locked in me and some of me rushes out
so that when I
explode
it will be that slabs and slivers of me are sprayed
all over the world
so that when I am mute and untouchable to you
it will be that I’m.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!