22 September 2014

Hourglass



Sometimes when I lie awake at night
                I think about the                       graphite under my skin



from when I was just starting out in school
                                                                                    No. 2 pencils
were handy and
razor blades
were harder to come by                          I hadn't started shaving yet


Everyone I meet thinks it's a mole.


Sometimes when I lie awake at night
            I think about the                                             food I ate


and when I ate it and if I ate it  at a different time
                would I not be getting so                                 fat?


No matter how much I weigh everyone tells me I look great.


Sometimes when I lie awake at night
       I think about opening the                                     
        passenger side door on                                          the 15

Some childhood dreams persist. at least
                                                                                         I can find
some solace in this


Everybody admires my daydreaming.


1 comment:

Comments are always welcome!