17 December 2010

There is a soul I've found

There is a soul I’ve found leering in at
through the windows while the TV goes on about
and to speak its name cheapens it, while making it live longer to live more cheaply,
but was I born with a mouth in the middle of

I have protected it by never opening the door
or only opening the door on Christmas
to give it Russian tea cookies
and then making it
spectacle on the outside of the pane

Most of the time I send it on
conquests, which are most of the time errands disguised as conquests,
and although it knows it is satisfied to be away from

Meanwhile it is before 5am and experiences, as though on a mobile,
sort of entrance an nauseate
taking the place of real dreams

Every hand shaken has not touched
and meanwhile the soul I’ve often found
tapping on shaken hands’ windows long after the fact
singing to while shaken hands’ ears are bought off by real dreams


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!