14 June 2010

Frosty Woods in Summer

into them prematurely
his and mine these woods

not
for you.

we can make stones and put God in them
and we can make a pile of them
a pile, a pile, a pile of them
and we can make a pile of them, we can
only
make a pile of them.

we have made stones and we say
yous have made stones too and
that is all we know [of and to] each other we are ghosts

still

these woods are haunted by us
the haunting is a thing felt

my ghost, I cannot kiss you

but [or] for
I love you

in the only way love can be

piled in the river
being tender stones.

I hold otherwise the phantom hand of a flesh-man
who skips my stone heart down river
where it meets the heap
the heap, the heap, the heap of stones there
it is the heap which is the hearth of loving
the phantom heap who's lost by counting
whose reality is only
whose constituents are lonelies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!