26 June 2010

A Personal Touch

It is not my intention to distort this space with all kinds of personal noise, but today I am going to share a little tool I developed as a part of my new job hunt strategy.


A little background--


I moved to Portland, Oregon at the end of May 2010. No, just up and moved, no job lined up, no concrete aspirations, just a lot of regret on my heels and the kind of generalized hope about any place unknown. And don't get me wrong, it has all been wonderfully exciting, but there is this tiny little practical problem of, you know, paying rent. I've been sending out and handing in countless cover letters, retouched résumés,  and an army of apps, and I have been ferociously following up on all these things. I've had three interviews, with much positive feedback, but, still, no job.


So it's time to take things into my own hands (not to mention escape, with whatever degree of triviality, the miserably boring cycle of endlessly answering the same behavioral and attitudinal interview questions), and unleash an entirely different plan of attack. For fear of being thought silly, or crazy, or, worse, stupid, I won't go into many details here. But I WILL show you all (all... al... a.... anybody out there?) a little piece of the new strategy.




bedeep bedeep bedeedeep That's all, folks! I promise to get away from my ego-gushing and onto more relevant things (poetry) tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!