13 August 2010

Chair People



There is a cold space           (now).
It knows.

When I was about ten,
I went into the garage.
I sat by the big meat freezer.

When the cold space looks back at me,
I have long hair.
                                             (My hair is short.
                                  Somebody cut my hair.
                                  This destroys me.)

The whole image is wooden     (now),
Please understand,
I love her.

It’s not that I let some(one)thing go.
It’s that long hair.

I told him everything.
                           (and then,
                           I told her everything,
                          and him, and     )

It does not feel soft.
I have dripped my face into it for years.
Tonight it really does love me.

I cried and talked in the empty garage,
and the chair                        (opposite)
was patient.

The sun is rising,
and I feel nauseous
from crying and not eating.

It is necessary                      (that I make)
to make these offerings.
How else will I not lie?




1 comment:

  1. Some formatting woes. Parenthetical pieces should align vertically, but, ah, blogspot, what can you do?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!